Wednesday 27 May 2009

Saddle Fitting

I'm not sure what I've written about saddle fitting here recently, but a quick update would be that I've decided to go for the wintec wide flocked, and I'll put in the widdest possible gullet. I've got the theraflex, which is why I've decided to go for the flocked becuase the thought of air on air makes me a little uneasy. I've yet to buy any shims, simply because I haven't had time to call up the UK office and order in.

From Saddle fitting


This is a picture I took on Monday (she's all wet because she just had her first bath!). She is standing square, and although her neck is bent funny I don't think it has altered her back shape. Anyway, if you look at the lines of the wood behind her she definately isn't down hill. I also haven't ridden intensively in a loong time (probably autumn) so I can't remember what her sweat patches were like either. Anyway, this whole process of buying a new saddle has made me really interested in saddle fits, and I can't wait to play around with shimming and see what differences they will make. She is already a really comfortable ride, and from videos I've seen and pictures I haven't noticed her looking like a bad banana. Which believe me I'm very thankful for :D

Anyway, Monday was fun!! I went down and since we always play in the arena, or the next door field I decided to take Olivia to the big field with the stream running through it. She hasn't been in this spot yet, and on the other side of it in a fenced off area where some geldings she doesn't know to well so she was VERY excited and therefore VERY LBE. We played with a lot of falling leaf pattern, circles etc. Olivia even came up with a fun game where she changed direction behind me every time. Rather than get frustrated, I just thought 'how interesting!' and played the game with her! We also played with a few of the cross country jumps, and had a splash about in the stream. When we got back in she was soo sweaty I gave her a nice hose down which she seemed to really appreciate.

No comments: