Friday 27 February 2009

Cameras are soo revealing...

My brother came with me to the stables today with camera in tow, instructed to make lots of short clips/photos pleasee (i wanted to try my hand at one of the video montages).

Anyway, the mares moved out of the field next to the school, so although Olivia can see horses from where we were, they weren't right there. This always had unsettled her, but I thought we had worked through it. One thing I definately need to work on is adapting myself in the instant she changes. I need to fill out a horsenality profile for her, because I keep seeing a whole mix of horseanalitys in her, and OH BOY is that a challenge.

So anyway, I couldn't spend anywhere as near as much time with her as I wanted to, because my brother kept saying 'how much longer are you gonna be' 'what else are you going to do?' etc etc. So we finished on a good(ish) note. And then in the car on the way home I watched some of the videos he'd made, and if I though Olivia was moving a lot, well, I was moving a lot LOT more. For me it was a BIG blow to see how I looked when we 'played'. I was micromanaging everything - on a figure of 8 I was correcting her before she'd even made the mistake. I was just rushing and it looked soooo bad and I completely understood where Olivia was coming from with her behaviour!

The thing thats so great about parelli, is that I know that its ME who needs to change, not the horse. I know that tomorrow, if I go out there with a totally different attitude (and I keep that attitude the whole time) then I'll have a different horse. Its easier to blame myself, because I can change myself but I think I'd have a lot of trouble trying to change Olivia. Thank goodness I know that!

1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

Haha..I love the Bright Yellow barrles! :) Mine are just boring black..

Yes..my girls like to get down..They always seem to get as dirty as possible on the days I want to film or take pics. though...lol Hmm..Little buggers.