Friday 20 February 2009

What a week :)

I can't believe half term has been just 1 week, it seems like longer because of how much I've accomplished with Olivia. Not only did my barrels come at the beginning of the week, but so did the level 3 pack I'd ordered from Paradise Hills. I began reading the books, and watching the VHS (not got far becasue we've only got one TV that has vhs on it, and its NEVER free!!).

The combination of the two is great, because the barrels give me soo much inspiration as there is so much to do with them, and the level 3 stages give me a goal to aim for. So I've dabbled in the online stuff, with speeding up our back up and sideways, and the back up is going alright. I'm taking it slowly and steady :) Freestyle in stage 1 is brilliant! We are working on our carrot stick riding with the patterns, and already we are cantering the cloverleaf pattern without reins - and my normally impulsive horse calmly comes to a stop in the middle with hardly any effort from me!

We also jumped the barrels with the sticks, and my normally good seat when I jump was awful, which shows how much I must hang on the reins before, which I honestly never felt. My good horse put up with me though, as we poped over them a few more times, and then rested! Simple lead changes with the carrot sticks are also going well, but in the direction of the gate Olivia gets really impulsive and its hard to slow her down, so she just does a flying lead change anyway !! Awesome?? I certainly think so!!!

Although what I write may not seem like much, what we've accomplished this week (in things we do and in our relationship) is huge!! When I used to go to her field, I had to get real close to her before she would come to me, but now I take a step and look at zone 5 and she comes.

I'm so happy that I'll post a picture I took today (and also just realised how bad her topline is looking :S ). Guess I'll have to do something about that...

No comments: