Saturday 31 January 2009

Liberty

Olivia was being so responsive today that I decided to take off the rope and have a go at liberty. For about a minute she was good, but I could see her slowly figure out the rope was no longer attached, and then she just cantered off.

When she left, she went to the gate and then paced by the gate but at a canter. She's done this every time I let her off the line, and just ignores me. The worst bit was, when I put her back on line she was reallly unconfident. She also could not keep her feet still, so I thought ok, lets move LOTS until you do want to stay still, but she just wasn't thinking at all about what to do!!

I'm really confused, I sooo want to be good at liberty, and I feel like we are prepared because we can do everything on a slack rope, and I can even leave the rope on the floor and she does what I ask her. Its just when the rope is unhooked, she gets very confident and leaves.

Talk about opening a new can of worms, I guess I am glad I could read the horse, but it used to be sooo much simpler :P

We'll work on it tomorrow! x

No comments: