Saturday 17 January 2009

Country Bridle Arrived !!!

After much saving, I finally bought a B-E-A-UTIFUL black country bridle for Olivia, and IT CAME TODAY!!!!!

WOOO!!

Its sooo nice, and I obviously took it down the stables with me, and it was the first time me and Olivia rode in a bite for aggess! And she was so good! At the canter she was really impulsive, but after following the rail and doing lots of different circles she fell into a really lovely rythmn, so I gave her a good long rest.

On the ground we did a lot of work at sideways, and I could see her really focusing and thinking about what she was doing. She has a tendancy to creep forwards, so I was really careful to back her up (but with a really low phase) and it worked soo well! We still have a lot of work on her right side, since she seems to have developed a block. I broke down the pieces and practised the driving game which is good, and its good when we are against a fence, so its just using lots of obstacles and such until she is confident enough to do it without ANYTHING.

But things are really going soo well.
I have some pictures of her in the country bridle (sorry about the quality):
From parelli country bridle

From parelli country bridle


I have no idea why parelli don't make these bridles anymore, I think they are gorgeous!
Jo & Olivia x

1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

Oooo..It looks lovely on Olivia!
I know I have the same one for Cocoa and I really like it. I tend to use my halter and 12 ft. line to ride in the most even though I have the hackamore and the bridle...lol But it works great for Finesse! You guys will love it!

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie