Wednesday 7 January 2009

How to be a good leader..

Today is my last day of holidays, tomorrow back to school...BOO!!

Anyway, its been freezing here in the UK, and the ground is rock solid. Also, Mum and Dad are back at work, and my brother is back at uni to revise for exams, which means I don't have a lift to the stables. A combination of these means I didn't bother going to Olivia today or yesterday. Times like these I just WISH that Olivia was at home, then I could breed here (but thats a whole other story...!)

Anyway, this means I've had a lot of spare time, so I've been catching up on L&HB and right this second I'm watching Linda's section on How to be a good leader! Wow....

Its just enlightened me to a whole load of things I've been doing to Olivia which have made me a bad leader, and now I feel a bit like 'geez, why does she still offer ANYTHING to me?' I get frustrated really quickly, I'm generally quite an impatient person but I think my parents will tell you that since I've started Parelli I've improved a lot, but still not enough. I get embaressed when anyone watches me and instantly unconfident.

I guess I won't be able to play with Olivia until the weekend now, but boy is she going to have a different leader :)

Jo xx

1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

You're getting far with those Dvd's! :)

That's too bad you can't have Olivia at your house. I don't know what I would do if I had to board my two...well I wouldn't be able to afford that in the first place.

Hey..I'm like that too. I'm generally a very easy going, patient person but I get really unconfident when people watch me. I've never showed or anything so I'm not used to being in the 'spotlight' but I would really like to at some point in my life perform in front of people with Cocoa. :) I'll have to get over that fear.

I've been back in school for a week now! Lucky you! :)

Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie