Wednesday 31 December 2008

2008... :)

Ending on a BRILLIANT note!!!

I got the best presents for christmas - I went to my aunty's house in Yorkshire, and the family got me The Catching Game and Trailer Loading as well !!! YIPEE!!

And on top of the material I bought, the videos on the website are sooo helpful, I actually have too many ideas for me and Olivia!!

Just a quick update - we've been working on changes of direction, I took inspiration from the Parelli Puzzles with Susan and Dusty (level 2 online i think) and Olivia really seems to be having fun with that! I also started backing by the tail, only done a little on that today (a couple of steps but still...bet theres thousands of people who wouldn't even dream of it!!)

And then theres the sideways straddling a trotting pole, and the level 2 online patterns.

And an area i need to work on? My brother asked me what level I was, and I said that I thought I was about level 2, except that I haven't really been doing much liberty, and he asked me why and I said becasue I was scared of regection - basically I don't have any small areas where I can begin, so we must start in the huge school. My mum heard this and says to me, you're WHAT?!? How are you going to get anywhere if you're scared of 'rejection'??
How true. DUHHH Jo!!! I can do all the games on a slack line (prepartion for liberty) so thats my task for the new year! Good luck to me! (and olivia i guess).

And another good note, i LOVE my yard!!! Everyone is sooo nice (i've yet to meet a person who even hints at being unfriendly!) And even better? Everyone seems so interested in natural horsemanship! I've alreay had a request to borrow my level 1 dvds (which i need to remember to take down), and those who aren't practising it are at least interested!!

OHH I'm on such a high!!!

HAPPY NEW YEARS TO EVERYONE!!!
I don't have a snowy picture or anything, so I'll post one of a very fluffy Olivia last year :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

coc_parelli said...

Sounds like the new year is going great for you and Olivia!!

That is great - your barn sounds like fun! You'll have them all playing Parelli with their horses yet! :)

Good luck with the Liberty! You guys will LOVE it. Liberty is absolutely one of my fav. savvys!!

Oooh..I love the Catching Game DVD. I got it not too long ago and I ran out and had to try it with Dixie. She has so much fun with it. I've been doing a lot of Liberty with the baby in the roundpen lately...and a couple months ago I was nervous to let her run around it because I thought she would break it by accident or try something since I hadn't had her very long. But lookie now.. :) Getting through all the LB&H Dvds. So much great info., huh? :)


Savvy Out,
Olivia, Cocoa, and Dixie