Sunday 27 September 2009

Growing Up

I think that's what Olivia is doing. She's beginning to mature and grow out of her silly ways a little.. She still throws tantrums but they aren't temper tantrums, and she's much more willing to cooperate than she has been. This weekend has been an absalote pleasure to spend with her, and shes really made my days !!

We can begin a session now and straight away she finds her comfy trot AND canter. Both online and freestyle. So I began to play with monkey riding at the canter, which so far she won't relax into it, but I'm just waiting for her to stop fiddling with her tongue so much when she feels the concentrated rein. I'm going to re-emphasize the monkey riding at a trot a lot as well, so that she remembers the feeling and will find it easier to transfer into the canter.

Yesterday my brother had a little ride, and I was really impressed with how she responded. He has ridden before, but just jumping on his friends horse in Poland, going for a bomb round the country side and coming home, so position, relaxation and calmness isn't very important for him. He picked up fairly quickly, and I think he was pretty impressed when I told him to 'stop his body and sit deep' and wooaah, Olivia came to a halt :) I'm so proud of my pony!

Today she was in a bit of a sluggish mood, so we played with our porcupine game and some transitions online. Her hindend yields are very ball-like, she just flows straight away from my fingers, every now and again breaking contact. But her front end yield and sideways yield is a bit rubbish. Something to do with being a LBI, she likes having that neck to porcupine/drive ME away, so she ain't to impressed when I play the same game with her. Transitions were beautiful, and I had a few circles around me at the walk without a single attempt to change direction or gait, which is a big thing for us because she finds walking aimlessly (as it kind of is in a circle) quite boring. What a star!

I have loads of photos from Saterday, here are some I picked out:

excuse the sun, I just love the way she looks in this photo. Totally loose and relaxed




very few corrections on the bullseye




my brother riding


standing on top of a horse, and yet he still must pose for the picture!


so i decided I want a posed picture too :)

No comments: