Friday 24 July 2009

Well...

Where to start?

It's been a hell of a week. I'll write my highlights because if I was to write everything trust me you'd be here tomorrow!!

I finally UNDERSTAND understand the patterns! I now know what I'm looking for before I want to take a rest. We were supposed to be trotting the rail, but me and Olivia got put on a bullseye because she was being too impulsive. So after doing the bullseye for a while she found this really nice, slow, balanced trot which she could just maintain forever. And just as Lyla and Rachel said, she fell in love with it. On the last day, we were at the back of the ride trotting. A week ago Olivia would have been rushing about and ignoring me, but yesterday she just picked up her speed and thought 'hey, I don't care how fast they go, this is MY speed'. And I could have cried I was so proud!

I also tried my cradle bridle on the last day, and she just went beautifully in it. When we were practising soft feel and vertical flexion it finally gave her busy brain something to think about.

I can't write much more, I am SOOOO tierd. But I'll try and say more later. And when I get the 1000 (honest truth) photos that were taken, I'll put some up.

Love a super happy Jo xx

No comments: