Monday 13 July 2009

:)

What a week its been! Although the amount of 'work' I've done with Olivia has been minimal thanks to weather, distractions etc., our relationship has soared! In Poland all I had to do was call her name and she'd come to me, and now we're back on track again. All I need to do is go OLIIVVVIIAA, wait a little for her to figure out I'm not gonna be the one that moves, and voila, she saunters over!

I was looking over the self assessments the other day for inspiration, and online I'm totally done with L2. So I thought, how can I challenge myself? And the answer was obviously bring out the 45ft line which has been gathering dust a little bit. And was it a success? HELL YES! We did figure of 8, weave and a bit of circling. I also worked on backing her out farther, but not the whole distance because thats a bit much to do so quickly. Anyway, she was soo responsive, and I was just thinking why couldn't my mum be there to film my audition THAT day? It was awesome.

I'm a tad annoyed I might not be able to get down to the stables today because of the faboulous NHS system, where a nurse may turn up some time after 12 to see my granddad. So I don't know what time she'll be here, and then when she does arrive I need to help translate. So, knowing the system, she'll probably turn up about 3/4ish or later, which will leave me not much time for the hour journey to sunbury. :(

OH WELL. Gives me time to pack which I really should do since we are leaving first thing on Wednesday, and then tomorrow I'll spend most of the day at the stables. But, I HATE PACKING. Olivia has it lucky, all she has to do is walk onto a trailer and stand there eating hay for a few hours. Ahh, to be a horse!

No comments: