Sunday 14 June 2009

Tried and Tested: Rodeo-style

I've decided rodeo definately is NOT for me..!! Yesterday Olivia freaked at something (I have no idea what) and took off on a bronco frenzy. Usually I can sit to her bucking well, but for some reason the saddle slipped right forward onto her neck and I'm no expert on riding on horses necks. So I came flying off and landed right in front of her, and luckily she avoided trampling me, but proceded to gallop off around the field with the saddle hanging on one side of her neck...

A few things; I have NO idea why this happened! We were riding in the big field, and I know shes not 100% comfortable there but she knows the area and in Poland we would take all sorts of trail rides to unknown places. Also, the theraflex plad is supposed to be non slip, and I read that it means I don't have to do the girth up too tight. So I don't, but unless anyone has any suggestions I think I'll have to. It can't be worn or anything because I've probably used it about 5 times, and I brush all the hair off after every ride. Its really quite odd.

Anyway, thankfully neither of us are hurt. I have a few muscle strains in my back which made sleeping a little uncomfortable, but I've been through worse (hit by a car..).

ANYWAY, before all the palava happened, all was ah-may-zing. When I went to the field, I played with Olivia a little before I bought her in. Since I've adjusted myself to play with a LBI, I've felt much more connected with her. She offered to play, and was doing sideways beautifully! She was totally riveted by me, she chose to NOT EAT GRASS!! Q%*(£()%*()% That definately isn't the horse I know!!!! I think I cursed the day, because when I came in I was telling my friends, 'wow, shes being a total angel!!'

I haven't put up many pictures/videos or anything lately, so hopefully I'll string my mum into taking me down this afternoon with camera in hand :) Hope all is good!

Jo x

No comments: