Sunday 7 June 2009

Horseanality Swap

Is it possible that my LBE is actually a LBI with high energy? And the reason we've recently sort of hit a block is because I was reacting wrong?! How frustrating to think I've completely misread my horse for the last year!

I only just got to watch the savvy club DVD with Lois & Clyde. I saw so much of Olivia in that horse, and I was shocked to say the least! I just filled this out thinking about Olivia today:


She has a habit of 'getting distracted' and I always blamed something going on over there. I never thought she was using it to avoid doing what I was asking. So today I kept on asking even when she wasn't paying attention. I was light and patient, and she was like WOAHH, who are you?! She did a pretty huge rear and some horribly close bucks, but it seemed as if she was saying 'does nothing work now?!!' rather than being mean.

The new saddle is really cool. It fits very snuggly, I just think it needs a tiny bit of shimming to lift the front of the saddle. I'll put up some pictures later. I had a really nice ride today, we played with the question box and also having her respond to changes in my energy in the saddle so that I didn't have to do much except stop riding for her to slow down. Alls good :)

No comments: