Saturday 4 April 2009

Springs here :)

What beautiful weather we've had since I got back from freezing Iceland! Which, by the way, was incredible! The country is unbelievably baren and yet it's still beautiful. We weren't blessed with good weather though - the 2nd day we had snowstorms and couldn't leave the hotel and the 3rd day it was horrible and cold and sleety. However - I did spot herds and herds of super cute Icelandic horses!! I didn't take any pictures of them because I only saw them from the coach and I hate taking photos through windows, but trust me they are ever so cute - especially when they are up to their knees in snow!!! I was with school so obviously couldn't deviate from the plan they'd made but if I ever go back to Iceland again I definately want to see all the sights from horseback. I bought back some leaflets of horse treking as well :)

Anyway, Olivia seems to have forgiven me for not being around on her birthday (phewww!!). My emotional fitness is really improving - what used to really frustrate me is now just making me smile and laugh, and I can see Olivia's expression looks a lot more like shes having fun. I also feel like I've got loads of arrows in my quiver - I'm winning the 7 games :D !!! I'm still having trouble with sideways because she always goes forwards but when I break it down its better...ish...!! I'd also noticed that our change of direction was getting really rushed and it had begun to turn into a fight so I've taken that right back to basics as well. Today I wasn't in the mood to ride, so we had a lovely slow session. In the field we did a little liberty and she was AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I was blown away by how she just stuck to me and followed me, and I drove her from zone 3/4/5 for the first time ever and she was just brilliant!! walk, trot, stop, back up. Bizarely, when I tried to do a little liberty at the school she wasn't as good...!! Even though in the field she had grass and other horses and 10000000s of things to distract her!

I think I may practise a little liberty in the field now, then I guess I ought to try the patterns at liberty..big step!! Anyway, all is good :) !!!

happy spring every one - I don't know what it's like where you are but I think I may have caught a bit of a tan today !!!
Jo x

No comments: