Thursday 16 April 2009

Circle at Liberty Today!

Title says it all! In the field, Olivia is a star at liberty! Whenever I go out to bring her in (and have her catch me), we always play a little with liberty. And today she did a whole circle around me, no wondering off despite the fact we were in a mahosive field, with other horses and plenty of grass to eat!

We're much better at liberty in the field than in the arena, which is interesting since there are so many more distractions. But soon we'll be able to do it anywhere, I'm sure.

Yesterday and the day before I didn't play with Olivia because I was off in Durham looking at the university (very scary...!), so today she was fresh which was nice, but the weather was totally against us with constant drizzle. So other than doing a bit of a figure of 8, we did nought. Back at the stables, I introduced Olivia to my hand massager and she didn't even bat an eyelid - just went on munching her hay and making a mess. That was cool :)

And tomorow the vet is coming out to take a look at her and *fingers crossed* she'll be on best behaviour and blow his socks off ! And then....on Saterday I'm off to Birmingham for the British Open which is gonna be AWESOMEEE!! Then on Tuesday I'm back to school (booooooooo) which sucks because it means exams are very very close.

Eurgh. At least the summer holidays are getting a little bit nearer!
Jo x

No comments: