Wednesday 11 March 2009

Work work work

I'm so busy at the moment, it SUCKS!! It means that I've got no time to do any reading/watching of parelli during the week to pick up tips before I go out to play at the weekend. :(

I HATE school, can not wait for next summer when I'll have 3 months of absolotly no work no nothing to do except play with Olivia ! Yippeee!

Anyway, this weekend wasn't too bad. Saterday we did a lot - figure of 8 really advanced to the point I could see Olivia really think about going out and around the barrels. And she even offered to trot. We also practised straightening up the backup, since as soon as we speed up she goes super wonky. We just did a sloooow yo yo between some barrels which she seemed to reaallly get, so its just preparation for speeding up.

I'm still having way too much trouble understanding her horseanality, shes so exuberant and wants to move around, but then she gets really calm when she do slow things. I'm thinking quad polar, because a few times I've caught her going blank (and thank god I watched LHB because I know how to snap her out of it). But yeah, looking forward to my course in July. We are going away for a week so hopefully she'll become a lot more like herself, so either Lyla Cansfield or Rachel Morland (both will be there) will be able to give me some advice !

Sunday it was awful weather, began to rain as soon as I got to the arena, so I didn't do much at all :(

Now its just trying to find time to balance my studies and my parelli - and we all know which is more important ;) !!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Jo, I can empathise with balancing studies and Parelli. Just keep counting down the days 'til summer, the sun makes it all better! :)