Thursday 26 March 2009

Careers

I finally feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders - I've always vaguely known what I want to do: 'train horses', but not much more. After many career interviews (something my school offers), looking over various courses and the like I decided that I would study psychology at uni, after which I would go to the parelli university (providing they accepted me) and train to be a parelli professional.

Well, I recently found a Psychology and Zoology course, and it was writen FOR ME! It's perfect: I wanted to study psychology because I've become really interested in they ways in which people learn (parelli packs & Stephanie Burns may have had something to do with this), the way they react to things (why some people insist on being so negative about parelli) and how they think. HOWEVER, animals have always been my favourite thing EVER, so zoology would teach me all about their anatomy (I love learning about evolution and how all animals are related), as well as their behavioural patterns etc etc. What better start could I hope for?? This would all help me to understand even more about the person/animal when I'll be teaching humans and horses.

This isn't directly linking with Olivia - but knowing that have a plan and a reachable goal really puts things into perspective. Before I always thought of attending the university as a dream that probably wouldn't happen, but now I have a structure I feel like I actually have somewhere to go. And to make a good thing better, tomorrow is the last half day of school before Easter so I can go and progress with Olivia :D

Yay for me !! x

No comments: