Sunday 30 November 2008

Moving House

So yesterday was the big day! We had a bit of trouble loading, but I tried to be savvy about it, and rather than forcing her up the trailer I just stood in the trailer with a bucket of her favourtie feed, and I let her be curious, confident, and take her time. After a few minutes, she just walked right in!

The journey SHOULD have only been 15 minutes, but rugby traffic (I live right near to Twickenham stadium for anyone that knows it) meant that it took us about half an hour, if not more! And Olivia got to set her eyes on world famous sites, such as Hampton Court Palace ;)

Anyway, when we arrived Olivia was a bit sweaty, but thats fair enough! I took her to her HUGE stable, which had a nice stuffed haynet in and left her. I stayed at the stables until it began to get dark, and she already seemed quite settled!

SO today I FINALLY turned her out!! She seemed so excited as I walked her out to the field and I'm so happy for her! She had a good run around, and now is just sorting out her position in the herd! I braved the freezing cold and annoying drizzly rain to watch how the herd react to her, and how she establishes her place!
Here are some photos I took:
Photobucket
in her new stable
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

There were loads more, but I didn't want to make this post tooooo picture heavy !!!

So, this week I'm going to give Olivia a nice holiday to relax, and get rid of all that energy she had, and next weekend we will get back down to parelli! YAY!!

Jo, xx

No comments: