Thursday 4 August 2011

Sucker for good advertising...

I stumbled across this video today:



It's Klaus Hempfling promoting his book/DVD titled 'The Horse Seeks Me'. I've not read it, but I am reading his book 'What Horses Reveal' slowly but surely. As you may have been able to tell from my bit down the side about horsemen that I admire, he is on there but I wasn't totally convinced. The video is obviously made to promote Mr Hempfling and show him in a good light so people buy his material and it has worked on me. The reason I dislike the book I'm currently reading a little is that the author comes across quite arrogant, and above it all. I find humility a really important aspect of being a horseman, in fact I think its an important quality in any career. There's no point saying 'I can do it all' because then your audience will just be waiting for you to get it wrong. I guess we can look at Pat Parelli and Catwalk last year at Stoneleigh Park, just as an example. Although the Parelli's maintain that Pat was doing the right thing, it just didn't look pretty or calm. I think horsemen should say as little and they can but show as much as they can. People are always more impressed when they are suprised. Besides, that way you don't set yourself up for a potential fall.

Anyway that wasn't the point of the blog. What I wanted to right, was that I really like the way Hempfling moves with his PRE Stallion. I thought there was such harmony there and it was pleasant to watch. I want to get that book and see what else he has to say in it. It was written before 'What Horses Reveal' so perhaps he isn't as arrogant in that one as he has become since gaining popularity.

Does anyone study much of his material and have any opinions? I'd love to hear from you.
Jo xxx

No comments: