Tuesday 27 October 2009

So...this program REALLY works?!

After a month of doing nothing coz I've been so busy, sunday I finally got back into the swing of things and took Olivia for a little online stuff. She was in one of those 'MAKE ME' moods' which I understood because it's been a while since I've exherted my authority over her. Anyway, as I was bringing her in from the field I noticed how bolshy and badly mannered she was becoming, after JUST a month ?! Her respect for me was waning very much...

So on Monday I came to get her in, and the little angel came straight to me :) After Sunday's session, as I was taking her back out again I was thinking 'dam, after today Olivia's not gonna want to come to me on Monday...' Then I smacked myself on the head and remembered not to give horses human emotions. She wouldn't be annoyed with me, she would respect me as her leader. And surely enough, she did :D

So online was beautiful, got a lovely sideways trot (although her hind end stills lag behind a bit too much for me to be REALLY happy with), got some lovely figure of 8s going. When I got on, the whole ride I barely had to touch the reins (I'm thinking ready for some really bridleless soon..yay!!). I'm just so happy with how we're progressing.

Also, in the good news, Terri Martinus (2* professional) is hopefully going to be coming to give me a 3hr private lesson in Decemeber, which should be great and really helpful with getting us out of this end of level 2 rut we seem to have got stuck in.

And if life couldn't get any better, I got an offer from one of my favourite universities the other day. WAHOOO !!!!

No comments: